Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Refraction node question...

momodot opened this issue on Dec 08, 2009 · 55 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 09 December 2009 at 4:55 PM

Here's one I just finished - playing with DarkEdge's new freebie bridge. This is the same water shader as above, but with slightly different colors and Cloud settings.

Rendered in P8 with IDL - one infinite light and the environment sphere does the rest. I need to find me some good HDR equirectangulars. You can see the result of LDR clipping in the reflection. When a reflection is 20% of whatever being reflected, and that thing is clipped at 1, then the reflection cannot be brighter than .2, ever. The hotspot you see is a specular node reacting to the infinite light, not reflection.

Render time, 42 minutes. Would have been faster, but I had to really crank samples to 6 and shading rate to .2 in order to get those fine razor-thin rim speculars on the bridge rail to look right. I probably should have set shading rates higher on the water and sky and they would have rendered fast.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)