Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V4 Texture recommendations sought

carodan opened this issue on Dec 12, 2009 ยท 32 posts

carodan posted Sun, 13 December 2009 at 3:39 PM

That book does looks very interesting - thanks for the link.

Here's a few direct questions, related more to the use of maps in the VSS PR3 shader setup (since we don't have a true SSS system in Poser I'm assuming things might be a little different from some of the tutorials I've been looking at for 3dsMax or Maya, but this may be wrong):

1. What should a caucasian diffuse map look like? - i.e. what colour bias should it have (red/yellow, neutral/saturated?) - when using environment lighting I've noticed skin can often take on a lot of the colour casts (mine often look overly yellow). What other colour variations should it ideally contain?
  2. What should an SSS map look like? If it's a B&W tone map what does black/white equate to in terms of the PR3 SSS? Where would you plug an SSS map in?
  3. If I'm going to include some form of environmental reflections in my shader setup, how might this affect my diffuse and specular maps?

I guess a lot of this skin stuff in Poser is a little make-shift anyway. Often when I get skin set up in one lighting state and looking great but then shift to another set of lights it all falls apart.

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com