Forum: Vue

Subject: Bryce/Vue Comparison

jas1746 opened this issue on Jul 24, 2001 ยท 19 posts

griggs posted Tue, 24 July 2001 at 7:13 PM

First of let me say you have a good looking scene. Did you know that there are over 200 3d programs commercial,Freeware, and shareware? Each one of those programs operate differently. I doubt you could use a vue set up in any of them and have it look like a vue image. I would also say putting one light in a scene is a no no in every single one of them except maybe some of the radiosity renderers. Even then a good scene setup will use several light sources. You cannot compare two programs like this even two as closely related as Bryce and Vue. An example: I could set up a scene in Bryce and then export it to Lightwave and it wont look the same. I would have to change the lighting,diffuse settings, specularity, bump, color, amoung several dozen other settings and I would still have a hard time matching them. That doesn't mean that Bryce is better then Lightwave, it just means Bryce is different then Lightwave. We all know which one of those has the better toolset. Isn't this Bryce vs. Vue thing getting a little old? What will it solve? The two programs will always exsist (we hope), People will choose to use either one sometimes both. Some of those people will be better in Bryce some of those people will be better in vue. The reality isn't what program is better but what program is best for the person or persons using it. Each of those persons have a different need in a 3d program too, there is much more to art then just landscapes, and portraits. This is just my humble opinion, and hopeful wishing that we can all just get along. Griggs