Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dynamic Dresses, need some help

Silke opened this issue on Dec 22, 2009 · 24 posts

Morana posted Tue, 22 December 2009 at 5:50 PM

Quote - Tried that.
That was my first thought too, but while the strap stayed on the shoulder, the bodice still slipped below the breast.
However, I found the dresses, after digging through the dynamic stuff in the marketplace.
At least I think those were it. (Not 100% sure)
It was the glamorous collection, I think.
Looking at the promos... some of those poses... look incredibly dodgy, with the front slipping very very low to the extent of near exposure, and to me it looks like they are only held up by sheer chance (and the position of the arm). (Sorry, Corvas, maybe you can shed some light on what was going on.)

As I said, I was tempted, but the two of us (though rather sozzled) could not get them to stay on her chest, unless we lifted her arms.
Not even with a constrained group on the shoulder -- and lets not even go to the strapless one, we gave up on that one inside of 10 minutes. It would not stay on.
Again, my apologies to Corvas, because I am really only guessing, but that's kinda what the dresses looked like...
Frankly... that promo with the purple dress... I DO wonder what that would look like from the front, because it looks... uh... yeah.
I also notice that every promo has a disclaimer that the dress was fiddled with in a 3D app after simulation... and postwork to fix nipples...
(The promo behind the materials looks well dodgy, if you ask me...)

I'm really sorry, I don't mean to tear into something that looks so stunning, but we just couldn't get it to work, which makes me wonder if it was the dresses, rather than us.
I just simulated a free dress from Poserworld, granted, that one has arms, but it didn't fall off... Nor did the freebie one from Tabala, even when I had V4 lean forward.

I just finished a render with one of the Glamorous Collection dresses, and I know exactly what you mean.  I had to play and play with constrained groups in order to make it not slip below the bust line.  By selecting all of the collar all the way around as well as the shoulders, I got it to finally behave.

lady-morana.deviantart.com