Forum: Community Center

Subject: Repeat OFFENDER?!?!

L8RDAZE opened this issue on Nov 13, 2008 · 77 posts

FutureFantasyDesign posted Wed, 30 December 2009 at 2:16 AM

I'd like to clarify something, especially since I used to have several links on my signature for both the Salvation Army, and the Humane Society, (*among a few others). But I was reminded that this (*ren in general) was not the venue for that sort of postulating.

If you need to read here, that folks are suffering, or that animals and humans need warmth and shelter. Perhaps you aren't listening to your friends and neighbors or the news enough. I have a wonderful woman down the road who is 70 years young. She needs an occasional ride to the store, or pharmacy (*so I drop by and ask if there is anything I can pick up for her when I go into Reno (50 miles away) because her son is not always able to.  Across the street is a couple who occasionally cannot afford food for thier dog of 13 years (*so I pick up a larger bag and share). At my local High School the Wrestling Team needs help going to thier competions (*so my hubby and I always donate $5.00, not a lot, but it is something).

My point.... Here, in this forum, was not the place to jump on a soapbox and start harranging people about a subject that is totally not related to the thread, just to act self important.

As for the original comment? Anyone can find someone who could use a friend, and a helping hand, if you only look. If you don't know how to volunteer or where to donate to a good charity where the largest amount of the monies goes directly to the needy, just ask me! I can have a list in 5 minutes for you. If you see someone panhandling, buy them food. If you don't know your neighbors and how hard the economy is on them, knock on thier door!  Still need ideas on how to be kind and generous to others? Site mail me and I can help find ideas! 

But this thread, with it's ups and downs, and other convolutions about posting comments on pics or not, if they are relevant or not, is not the right place to comment like 'LilRedWagon' has. LilRedWagon, why don't you post a picture that shows the needy, or the cold, or the hungry and add your thoughts to that! It would reach more people who maybe could do more help!!!  But do not flame the thread with things that sound just plain snarky. Many people who have posted here are some of the nicest and most generous folk around! 

BTW, Miss Nancy to you I have to say, I know just how giving you are! And in many different ways! So I bet you have given something precious this season.

Happy Holidays Everyone and the Best of the comming New Year!!!

Hugs

Ariana

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com