Forum: Community Center

Subject: Repeat OFFENDER?!?!

L8RDAZE opened this issue on Nov 13, 2008 ยท 77 posts

theschell posted Wed, 30 December 2009 at 4:23 PM

Having read through this thread and kind of considered what was being said... i think feed-back... even a "canned" response... is better than nothing at all... in general i like getting feed-back... wether it's on my models or images (though i have nothing posted in the rendo image galleries as yet... i do have images posted elsewhere)... i've only ever taken exception to criticism a couple of times... but my reason for being upset about it was that the persons involved didn't offer any advice to help me fix issues etc... so it seemed that all they wanted to do was trash my efforts... in contrast to that... feed-back also brought me a few really good people that were more than willing to help me test items, provide assistance with sorting out rendering or modelling issues... and in terms of releasing models has helped me get an idea of what is popular and what isn't which in turn allows me to target my works to specific types of audience... My only thought on feed-back of any sort being bad is when it's appearent intention is to trash the efforts of someone without any recognition that they tried or without any intention of helping the artist learn ways to do better... ie "constructive" criticism is good... "destructive" criticism is just plain mean...

For instance... i've noticed that alot of people trash freebie artists for not doing better, more, or for posting to sites that people don't like to download from etc... that habit just discourages people... where a kind word ad a suggestion or some advice would have done alot more for all involved...

Anyways... that's my take on things... sorry if i ranted a bit... happy holidays and happy new years all! ;)