Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Sequins

timewyrm opened this issue on Feb 28, 2009 ยท 43 posts

bagginsbill posted Thu, 31 December 2009 at 1:08 PM

DS3 Advanced does have a node system, and I'm pretty certain it could do this material. I remember seeing a thread at Daz Commons forum where some people were discussing how to copy my shader for DS3. I believe it can be done. However, I have never used the DS3 nodes. Daz asked me if I wanted to be a DS3A beta tester, but it was at the same time that SM hired me to write part of Poser 8, so I felt it was a conflict of interest and I didn't pursue it at all.

From screen shots I've seen of DS3A, it is capable of doing the kind of math I used here. But at 64 nodes, it's not an easy shader, and i think (again based on a couple screen shots) that some things are harder to say in DS nodes than Poser nodes, so it might run to 100 nodes in DS.

This is the sort of math-filled shader I always use matmatic to generate. I'd never dream of wiring up this many nodes by hand.

This is also the type of shader that is completely universal - there's no reason it could not be implemented in any raytracing renderer, as it does not rely on anything unique to Poser.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)