Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: A question from the noobiest noob

Helvegr opened this issue on Jan 04, 2010 · 16 posts

bagginsbill posted Mon, 04 January 2010 at 4:14 PM

Note!! It may be a well-established convention that figure clothes are in the Figures category, but that is not required, and in fact SM has been trying to change that. Some P8 conforming clothing is actually found in the Props category.

They are trying to address the illogic of the whole system. As a new user, the idea that a shirt is a figure (a character) is really confusing. Only those of us who have used Poser for quite a while find any logic in that. To people who are new to the program, a shirt is not a character like Vickie or Mike - it is a prop.

Then, too, you have Material collections masquerading as Poses. Again, those of us who are very familiar the weird hackery that was used for mat-poses are fine with it, but new users find that really arcane. Thus we now have proper material collections in the materials folder, even though technically they are structred like poses. Hahah.

There's only one rule you can safely put in advise to Poser users - there are few rules, and even fewer people who know them all.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)