Forum: Carrara

Subject: Carrara 8 Development Poll over at DAZ

ksanderson opened this issue on Dec 28, 2009 · 22 posts

Kixum posted Mon, 04 January 2010 at 5:38 PM

My list is fairly simple but painful.

A major overhaul to the metaball modeler is way overdue.

I would like to see more Terragen like abilities (better distance haze/atmosphere, the ability to make great planets,  clouds of true greatness)

When I look at other rendering engines like the Vue renders or the lightwave renders, they have more realism in them (naturally when applied by a skilled user).  I wouldn't mind having a rendering engine that's on the next level up.

NURBS.  Can't say enough about NURBS (NURBS), nurbs.

No bugs (although things are getting better).  My favorite bug that I'd love them to get rid of that's been in the code since day #1 is updating the freakin camera list when you add a camera.  You put in a new camera and then when you go to switch to it by selecting it in the corner of the frame, your new camera has the same name as the camera you either inserted or duplicated from.  I've noticed the list in the render room is also dorked.  You have to close the file and re-open it to get the list fixed (This has been there since ever).  I started this mess with Raydream way back on version 1 of that too.  Somewhere, I actually have all my copies of Raydream and Carrara (Metacreations, Eovia, DAZ) (nurbs).

Well, that's enough for today (nurbs).

-Kix