Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: A question from the noobiest noob

Helvegr opened this issue on Jan 04, 2010 · 16 posts

seachnasaigh posted Tue, 05 January 2010 at 2:10 AM

Quote - bagginsbill:
They are trying to address the illogic of the whole system. As a new user, the idea that a shirt is a figure (a character) is really confusing. Only those of us who have used Poser for quite a while find any logic in that. To people who are new to the program, a shirt is not a character like Vickie or Mike - it is a prop.

Then, too, you have Material collections masquerading as Poses. Again, those of us who are very familiar the weird hackery that was used for mat-poses are fine with it, but new users find that really arcane. Thus we now have proper material collections in the materials folder, even though technically they are structred like poses.

Having only discovered personal 3D halfway through the P6 era (I chanced upon an ad for P6) I can confirm this.  I recall wondering "why do I have to go to the pose folder to change the materials, when there is a specific materials room right here?"

For clothing, I would prefer if it had its own library category, with conformal and dynamic sections.  But given a choice of existing library categories, I would agree with the choice of props.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5