Forum: Carrara

Subject: Carrara 8 Development Poll over at DAZ

ksanderson opened this issue on Dec 28, 2009 · 22 posts

Kixum posted Thu, 07 January 2010 at 1:07 PM

C7 wasn't a significant impressive upgrade from 6 (and it was sort of a bug fix patch that we paid for versus got for free).

If 8 doesn't pack new features that are along the lines I've mentioned above, I might just not get the next version for two reasons.

1.)  I don't render anything that involves the human form.  So, I have zero interest in anything that has to do with people or clothes or hair or any of that stuff.  My needs are more along the lines of what I mentioned above.  I am guessing that  much of the upgrades will be centered around DAZ studio/Poser stuff so I don't have a need for it.

2.)  I've never received a clear and concise email from DAZ when they release a patch.  I only  have known about it from reading this forum.  Then going ot the DAZ website and retrieving the patch has only made me mad because of how they do it with your account being limited as to when stuff is available and having to reset stuff and yak yak yak (it's super stupid, when we were with Eovia, you just went and got the patch duh).  If they want to harden their security to get a patch, fine, log in and get it but don't screw around with all this reset the download 30 days what the heck business.

Carrara is all I use and I've squeezed an enormous amount of use out of it for myself.  I'm really glad that the package has survived (there's been times when I wondered if the code was dead).  For all those out there who bought Carrara via the metacreations flavor, we all thought we'd been abaondoned!

So DAZ is carrying the torch and that's a really great thing but maybe I need to take a break for a couple of versions unless some really great new features come out.

-Kix