Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Finally!

Diogenes opened this issue on Jan 06, 2010 · 722 posts

dasquid posted Fri, 08 January 2010 at 3:55 AM

Quote - Finger scaling..............Yuk touchy stuff.  With the fingers if you want to scale them individually and not just with the propagating scale of the hand you need to set up the smooth scaling for the finger segments.

In the first pic: you need to make sure your center is aligned along the axis of the finger so it sits square with the finger. In this case it's the X axis (the length ) of the finger. once that is done set up the Xscaling of the finger.

In the second Pic:  full scale the finger and for the first joint set up your falloff zones so it scales smoothly into the hand without effecting the other fingers. adjust the x scaling again to get smooth even spacing of the poly's.

In the third pic make sure that your knuckles involved in bending still have closely spaced polys and adjust the centers again for correct bend placement (shouldn't be much.)

In the fourth pic: you see that even with very large scaled fingers you can still get decent bends maybe a small JCM is apropriate for the scaled joints.

Now with the fingers set up individually you can also scale the fingers independently of the hand. Cool? 
😄

cheers,
Mike.

I'll be very interested to see if you can get a semi realistic thumb motion going. I don't know any figures out there that are rigged anywhere close to  human movement in the thumb department.

The more I see your rig jobs the more I think that  Other figure makes should just pay you to rig their figures lol.