Forum: Carrara

Subject: Carrara 8 Development Poll over at DAZ

ksanderson opened this issue on Dec 28, 2009 · 22 posts

pauljs75 posted Tue, 12 January 2010 at 12:07 PM

Strangely enough, I could care less about the modeling room part. (Other than some last moment tweaking, in those certain cases where things need rigging for animation. If I could change the object center axis orientation along with the position outside the modeling room, my visits there would even be more rare.) Having a modeler is nice (although it's Carrara's weakest aspect), but I still feel effort would be better spent elsewhere. Perhaps the fact that .obj import works great and the software mentioned in my sig has to do with that. (As long as Carrara continues to work nicely with other software, it doesn't have to do everything perfectly on its own.)

Would like to see faster renders, and physics simulation that doesn't take all day when there are games doing apparently much more complex things in real-time on the same computer. (ie: set up something fairly simple in Gary's mod, then try it again in Carrara...) Oh, and being able to interact different types of animated objects with the physics simulation animations would be nice too. That way I could do things like having my path or keyframed object smash a physics simulated brick wall w/o having to guesstimate the force that kicks in and when, etc.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.