Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Tutorial Scene - Poser 8 Soft Studio Lights with IDL

bagginsbill opened this issue on Jan 15, 2010 ยท 271 posts

bagginsbill posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 1:48 PM

Quote - bb - I notice here in the PR3 skin you went for the hybrid setup of shader GC and render time HSVexponential Tone mapping (but without the extra gain you previously posted). Is there a rason for not using the extra TM gain?

I was excited at the performance+quality I got when I tried it so I posted it for discussion. Also, I forgot.

Quote - btw, really like the methods using ambiant prims to help with the lighting at the terminator - much faster than the lighting arrays I've been using.

Yes, it is much faster. That was why I was so excited. I didn't like the light cluster technique, I didn't like the results of glowing props alone. Hybrid seems right.

And just to be clear, others have used hybrid before, but the difference here is the light is not just a specular light. Its contribution to the diffuse is an important factor in the quality of the results and the speed.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)