Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Finally!

Diogenes opened this issue on Jan 06, 2010 · 722 posts

Diogenes posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 3:08 PM

Thanks everyone.  :biggrin:

I will eventually get the low rez figures done too, Masha. Man boobs! :scared:  Well, maybe a little.  :)

Well I think I have the Thumb1 movement down. Thumb1 is the real bugger out of the finger joints. It sort of swings like a pole fixed on one end and connected to a chain. The end sortof swings with a little looping movement. Poser bends bend in a straight line, so simulating that kind of movement is a bugger with a single axis. On top of that if you want to keep the smooth scale for the thumb you need to have the center aligned with the axis, so you cant ofset it to get that side ways movement.

So I moved the thumb geometry into a different position than the normal Poser hand. This allows me to place the center for thumb1 aligned with the geometry and scaling axis, and still get that kind of looping sideways bend. I think............. Well here's what I got, to me it looks about right for just the movement of the first digit of the thumb.

www.youtube.com/watch

I need now to redo the shape of my fingers and hand since I mangled them in moving them. I will leave them for now in case any of you see real problems with this thumb1 movement, in which case I will need to reposition the geometry and try again.

Cheers,
Mike.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY