Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Finally!

Diogenes opened this issue on Jan 06, 2010 · 722 posts

lkendall posted Mon, 18 January 2010 at 3:19 PM

phantom3D:

Hmmm. I know it would be technically cool to make Brad's equipment fold out like the tools in a Swiss Army Knife, but it sounds like a difficult technical problem. These kinds of technical challenges seem to introduce new problems for each possible solution, and each solution seems to break something. My runtimes are on a 1 TB drive, and my Poser applications are on a 500 GB drive.

How radical of an idea is it to have a Brad with equipment, and a Brad without equipment? I, for one, have the drive space for two Brads of each resolution (poly-count). I know that some people are intent upon saving drive space, but it would be a lot easier to have two Brads, and would save a lot of work time. Morphs specific to the genitals could be injected separately. And almost all poses would work on both figures. I guess this solution might create some texturing issues though?

If the two Brads suggestion is a bad idea, what prevents a morph that shrinks and moves the equipment inside (like the morphs that hides a figure’s ears)? I think that Grotto's Insectoid uses this method (among others) to radically morph M4 into an alien.

If all else fails, one could always make the genital parts of Brad invisible in properties to prevent poke-through. If Brad is wearing cloths, I can't imagine it would matter. Only the skimpiest garment would be effected.

Good luck on figuring out a way for Brad to conveniently stow his tools.

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.