Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Finally!

Diogenes opened this issue on Jan 06, 2010 · 722 posts

Diogenes posted Mon, 18 January 2010 at 6:02 PM

Oh! Cage, that is just what I wanted! Yup this seems like it will work for this problem. Thanks bud, I've been trying to figure this out for awhile.   This method from what I gather allows you to insert the geometry later without it being "loaded" in memory with the figure, thereby  saving the resources if you are not using the gens. Takes a bit of coding but not too much.  So then do I have permission to use this?  And you're welcome always.

lkendall, using two sets of geometry would not cause any problems with textures since the gens are on a totally separate map. And that method is a failsafe way to do it, but how would you switch in the middle of a scene? Also I have to think about download if I go through Poser Addicts to host the files, an extra obj for the entire figure is quite a bit extra. But I do have a domain name with lots of space for downloading, I just dont have a page built yet. I can always do that and save Poser Addicts the cost.

Esther:  there will certainly be a choice of gens or no gens. I do expect to make clothes for Brad at some point, cant keep him naked forever. :lol:  So I will need to have the no gens option.  Plus I am getting tired of having to hide each part of the gens to make pics to show.....

**ladydrakana: ** Yes it certainly would be a figure, by some standards just like conforming clothes are considered a figure, but to me the gens are just a rigged prop, being that they are an add on to the figure. :)  I chose not to use the Daz method of supplying  a conforming prop for the gens because they dont weld to the figure and always look sloppy and dont match at the seems. Plus Poser treats them as a separate peice and the shading is never correct when rendered because of the way the light is handled.

But if all else fails I will just include a second obj.

Joel,  I certainly will do that I know exactly what you mean, the dreaded barbie doll effect.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY