Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Finally!

Diogenes opened this issue on Jan 06, 2010 · 722 posts

Cage posted Tue, 19 January 2010 at 2:07 PM

Oop!  I've been offline since yesterday.  Sorry for the delay in responding.

I don't think the storageOffset values need to be as I have them in the pose file.  I trimmed down a .cr2 to build the pose, and the storageOffsets were inherited.  I think I've seen a value of storageOffset 0 0 0 used successfully with objFileGeom.

As noted in the readme for my zip, LesBentley has done a lot of work with the same idea, and he perhaps deserves more credit than I for the overall method.  I believe he's found that a geometry insertion pose can work without the weld statements in place, but I've always felt more comfortable including them.  At any rate, you most definitely can use the method.  It's public knowledge, with explanations on two or three threads (sorry, I don't have bookmarks...) on this forum.

The method swaps the geometries by using a pose, and doesn't require the alternate geometry to be in memory.  I've found it to be less frustrating than the built-in geom-swapping methods, including the genitals switch.  Unfortunately, there won't be a special Poser button or dial to make the switch.  And, obviously, the alternate geometry files need to be in the proper location.

Do you already have the body parts in place in the .cr2 when you load the separate geometries?  The .cr2 will need to contain the body parts already before the pose will work fully.  So there should be "ghost" listings in the genital-free .cr2, which the insertion pose will modify with new geometries and then update with welds.  If there aren't existing parts, you wouldn't have the parenting information present in the .cr2.

I don't think poses which try to change a body part hierarchy, or insert a body part from scratch, have ever been shown to work.  So far, it's looked like a part needs an existing .cr2 listing, much like with morph insertion: you need to have the slot already in place, even if it's empty and hidden.  LesBently or another of the PoserTech experts might have better information in this area.  Sadly, it's been awhile since I've worked with these ideas; I'm a bit rusty.  😊

Edit:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2707794&page=2

Well, I read the thread advised on my own page, and it clarifies some of the points above.  The storageOffset 0 0 0 can be used interchangeably with the value I have in the file.  Poser will alter to all zeroes on its own, for reasons never determined.

Apparently the weld statements are necessary, unless updated information is available in another thread.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.