Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Finally!

Diogenes opened this issue on Jan 06, 2010 · 722 posts

Diogenes posted Wed, 20 January 2010 at 7:11 AM

Paloth  : I could do the whole hip but then we're back to the too many bodyparts for the insertion to work properly. And just doing  a regular geometry swap doesn't really save you anything on poly's since they are loaded with the figure even if they are not in the scene. I think rather than that I would just do the hideaway morph.

Cobaltdream: A seperate genital figure as is usually done?  Well now it's just my opinion but to me it always looks llike shit. Bend the figure much at all and it simply does not match anymore and cant follow the figures movements properly, because it cannot bend with the figure. Plus they get treated as seperate objects by Poser rendering and they look off for that reason as well.  Now you can do carefully contrived poses to hide the flaws, but I dont want that. I want to be able to bend and kick and fly, soar with the eagles or crawl in the tunnels with the orcs. Everything must match from all angles. And if people dont want to clutter up their runtime with an extra figure, quite easy to delete it.

The hide away morph is intrigueing as well............. Oh hey what about using the insertion pose backwards? If the default figure simply loads with gens and you dont want gens, just use the insertion pose to insert the single no gen piece? That solves the problem nicely. And it could easily load with a hide pose too......just thinking. Simple solution I like it.

Cage the insertion poses are superb, but not for something with this many parts. I am pretty sure that the deformers are just not getting updated somehow. But like I said it worked perfectly for inserting something that has fewer parts and I intend to take full advantage of this process. I can think of quite a number of things I want to use it for. So thanks again for this great tool.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY