Forum: Bryce

Subject: Bryce 7 Beta available

frogdot opened this issue on Jan 15, 2010 ยท 196 posts

Tophar posted Sat, 23 January 2010 at 6:23 AM

Am trying B7 beta as well, still have 4 5 and 6 so it has been fun comparing them. 7 seems to work well and brings all other meshes I made with the other version in without problems. Posted a couple of images from 3DG meshed I made 10 yrs ago with B4 and edited now with B7 beta. Also I still have the original bmark V2 bench marking mesh which just I had to try. B4 had a rendering time of 51sec (On this pc which is 2.83Quad overclocked ATI 4800). B7 does it in 01:46 and B6 does it in 01:48. Only difference I could see between the versions was Rays missed in the rendering report and the difference was big, not sure if anyone else is interested in that so I will not bore everyone. The only other difference I can see so far is that it does not crash when I have other programs open and I am one that likes to have everything bar the kitchen sink open. CS is a must plus B6 and B4 maybe 3ds and god only knows how many E windows open, then 9 times out of 10 B6 would crash sometimes taking all the others with it. So far B7 has not done this or should I say it seems to Plays Well with Others. Table works will and was thinking of playing around and seeing if KPT works with it. (Really I am just not the big egg head I like to think so, I will no doubt only think about trying KPT but if anyone else does, would love to know the out come.)