Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Tutorial Scene - Poser 8 Soft Studio Lights with IDL

bagginsbill opened this issue on Jan 15, 2010 · 271 posts

bagginsbill posted Sat, 23 January 2010 at 7:11 AM

Wow - that came out better than my own. It shows you that texture maps contribute, too, right?

Because each texture map set is different, and since VSS tries to use the texture maps to drive the shine, it follows that the shine level must be adjusted for each texture map. Some maps have an overall higher level than others. There are no standards of luminance on these maps, as they are made by the author with custom shaders.

So - while VSS is set up to use them, it is impossible for me to pre-configure the level in the VSS Skin Template. Once you see how it looks with your texture set, you can make adjustments in Shine Level.

But the spread looks right to me, and in fact this level of shine is real if the character is supposed to be in a hot place.

Thanks for posting.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)