Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Human/Humanoid features, Poser characters, sensitivity etc ( Controversial ?)

infinity10 opened this issue on Jan 24, 2010 · 28 posts

lmckenzie posted Sun, 24 January 2010 at 10:02 AM

I applaud you for considering the issue. These days, if you express such concerns, you're likely to be derided for "PC" excess by folks championing their right to be offensive, and I'm glad no one here has taken that tone. Personally, I'd rather err a bit on the PC side than the other way though I'm certainly not perfect in that regard. by any means.

I agree that in this case I wouldn't be too concerned. There are models whose facial or body characteristics may bear a resemblance to some condition but it's probably rarely intentional. As long as people aren't exercising their "right" to use them to ridicule people, I don't necessarily see anything bad in that.

There are a few dwarf characters out there. I suppose some little people may be offended by them but OTOH, some might be gratified to see a 3D figure that actually looks something like them. Awhile back, someone was talking about doing a Down syndrome morph along those lines IIRC. If anything, as SeanMartin suggests, there is a lack of less than perfect people in Poser just like the rest of media.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken