Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Tutorial Scene - Poser 8 Soft Studio Lights with IDL

bagginsbill opened this issue on Jan 15, 2010 · 271 posts

Latexluv posted Thu, 28 January 2010 at 6:29 AM

Quote - > Quote - I got a wild idea and decided to try it. Took a few hours of tweaking and rendering before I was happy with it. What I did was bring in Bb's EnvSphere and applied the ambient shader from his light box. I deleted all but one spotlight that was pointing at my figure's head and played with the balance of the light and the ambient on the EnvSphere until I got this.

Also very good! I love how the speculars played out on the skin here.

You jumped ahead of the class! I was going to do a scene with the "glow sphere" technique, too! Do you want to give me yours? I'll post it on my website if you like with the other(s) - yes there will be more. I've started working on the "bright sun outdoor" set.

Here's a preview. This is a work in progress - not finished yet. I mixed up the materials on the car by accident, leaving the wrong one on the bumper. I'll fix that and post the materials for the car, too. Also, the ground with puddles will be included.

I did screen captures of my light settings, render settings, and the material settings on the EnvSphere. I can post them here.  Are you asking for a copy of my pz3 file? Sorry, a bit confused on that point.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8