Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

Cage posted Tue, 16 February 2010 at 1:47 PM

Quote - I made the first tiny step toward the 0.9.122 release today: someone noted that the init values for the leg rotations (thighs, shins and feet, actually) were not at 0 in the cr2s. I suspect this is probably a remnant from the old default pose, which was optimized for IK. I don't know if that was responsible for the problems some people had with conforming clothes, but at any rate, it will be fixed from the next version on.

I'll try to make some donor cr2s as templates for rigging clothes next. At one point I had a link with instructions on what to include, but the site doesn't answer. So anyone with experience in that field, just holler at me and let me know what you need. I'll write a script to generate the donor cr2s automatically, so I can make a whole bunch for all common types of clothing.

I don't know if scaling issues might be good for an update.  I've noted some joint issues with the neck when it's scaled on Y, which can be corrected with a morph.  (What do you call a morph linked to a scale dial?  SCM?  TCM?  Hmm.)

I was playing with the old Poser 4 Figure Height settings on Antonia the other day, and she handled remarkably well, except for the collar scaling.  When the collars are scaled, the arms go funny.  I'm not sure whether such a concern is of any importance for Antonia, but I mention it just to pass along my observations.  I haven't found it to be a problem, certainly.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.