Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue 7 and 8 very instable

Myrailon opened this issue on Feb 20, 2010 · 61 posts

FrankT posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 3:48 PM

Considering the cost of some software maintenance packages, I reckon Vue's is pretty good value.  I've usually only crash it when I'm doing something daft.  The odd time I've had any other crashes, I've had a response from E-On within a day or so, usually with a link to a patch which has fixed the problem.  I've used software which is way more expensive than Vue, both to buy and maintain and is a heck of a lot more unstable (and that's running on certified hardware for the app as well)

There does seem to be a wide variety of experiences with Vue but lets face it - even Microsoft screws up rather more often than it should do (most recently with a critical update which caused bluescreens on a significant number of PCs it was applied to.  That patch was to fix a 17 year old security hole)
Calling people "Fan boys and girls" merely because they don't have problems either with the software or the way E-On does business is not very productive.  Nobody here has a gun to their heads and are being made to use Vue.  If it's that much of a problem for you then don't upgrade.  Stick with whatever version you like to use.

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble