Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue 7 and 8 very instable

Myrailon opened this issue on Feb 20, 2010 · 61 posts

cyberknight1133 posted Thu, 25 February 2010 at 9:12 AM

As far as ATI cards go, I started years ago with a free version of Vue 3.5, got 5 inf,, 6 inf. and just upgraded to Vue 8 Inf. During that time I've used:
9700 pro
9800xt
850xt PE
1950xt
So far, up to Vue 6 I've had one graphics related issue that involved one specific driver. Vue 8 is giving me a bit of a slow response (at least with the one render I've worked on so far). However considering that -a) It's originally a Vue 6 file, so it could be simply an import issue.
b) I'm still using XP pro 32 bit. Not only am I limited by the 2G address limitation, but also by older software.
c) it's a relatively new card and I haven't gotten around to updating drivers yet.- I really can't complain.
As far as Vue issues go, I agree with Rutra. You have to spend some time optimizing your computer. While I don't have a computer dedicated to CG, I placed a shortcut on my quicklaunch bar to disable my internet connection and I have anitvirus software that can be disabled. When I'm working in any graphics program, my internet and my antivirus are turned off. My system visual effects are set up as"adjust windows for maximum performance." I'm also pretty fanatical about crap that runs in the background unnecessarily. My systems tray has nothing outside of my time/ date icons except my antivirus - and that's off when I'm working on CG. If you take a quick peek at my gallery, you'll see I use a whole heck of a lot of poser imports in my renders and I rarely, if ever have major issues. And anybody whose uses the Vue/Poser combination can tell you that poser imports are resource pigs. And with one exception, I've used whatever gianormous texture maps that Poser used, rather than reducing the file size as is usually done.