Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: FaceShop 5 anyone got it?

TheOwl opened this issue on Feb 26, 2010 · 16 posts

carodan posted Sat, 27 February 2010 at 10:47 AM

Quote -
Whenever I see people showing off morphs from FaceShop it's usually a character that has its head turned like the photo it was morphed from with a horrible texture applied to the face.  If you change V4s face texture with a photo of a celebrity and render it out 'head on', chances are it will look a lot like that celebrity without changing any morphs.  Turn the face 45° and it looks nothing like it at all.

This is exactly the reason why I think FS is fundamentally flawed. I mean, what's the point of creating a 3d version of a head from a photo that can't be rotated and lit differently?

In truth, I'm not sure it is really possible to create such a morph from just one photo - not without some VERY clever analysis of cast shadows (which arn't always present in photos) and cross-reference with hundreds (if not thousands) of pre sampled 3d heads in order to assess a 'best guess' on averaged results. I'm pretty sure FS isn't doing either of these.
That's how I understand it anyway.

You'd need to reference at least two photos (ideally a full frontal and a full profile) to position chosen points in order to reasonably accurately recreate a head in the way FS works.

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com