Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Some thoughts on textures...

soulhuntre opened this issue on Jul 23, 2001 ยท 18 posts

StefyZZ posted Sat, 28 July 2001 at 6:33 PM

Hi! First I'm sorry 'cause I've missed this thread before... Well Soulhuntre, I've understood the problem and the point is that Poser cannot work with body textures of 8000x8000 pixels, that should be the right size to go well with the head texture (in photo based textures). At the beginning I've created the body map of Asia at 6000x6000 pixels, but Poser crashed after any trying. So I had to reduce the body to the actual 4000x4000 pixels that are already big for Poser but works well. So the renders of Asia in Poser were and are good with this resolution. And I'm sorry but I've never tested Asia on Max or Lightwave. Well, I think that you cannot compare handdrawn/textures with photo/textures, 'cause the hand/drawn maps are a little flat and it's easy to fix seam problems with airbrush. And the Daz V2 Hirez Texture that you mentioned is more handdrawn that photo based (is a little bit flat) and rendered without Bump Maps is not very photorealistic. So I'll be glad to make 8000x8000 pixels texture and fix the Max seam problems only when Poser will be able to handle them! Stefy