Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What can Poser Pro do that Poser 8 Can't?

onimusha opened this issue on Mar 01, 2010 ยท 68 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 12:06 PM

Quote - bagginsbill, I think that you stated somewhere on the forum that in Poser 8 there are problems using IDL for animations as it used random samples and that two renders even of the same frame do not use exactly the samples (I think it could cause some flickering when played back).
Has this problem been adressed in Poser Pro 2010? eg the option to use the same samples for multiple frames.

ps. From the picture you posted above IDL + Gamma Correction looks great. I may have to upgrade to pro! :)

I was discussing this with SM a few weeks ago. Larry W. suggested that rendering with a single thread might be a way to reproduce samples exactly. I can't remember if he also said it would need to be in the same process or in a separate process or he didn't say that at all. I never tried it.

If you try it, let us know.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)