Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro 2010 release on the horizon...

Magic_Man opened this issue on Mar 01, 2010 · 358 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 4:53 PM

Also, what is the reason you care so much what the document window size is? Is it because you render to the document window size? I never do that anymore, and I wasn't doing that even with Poser 7. I render to explicit dimensions, so the size of the viewport is irrelevant. I understand that it's a couple extra annoying steps (hotkey for render dimensions, unclick preserve aspect ratio, click to type, type the width, etc.) to change the render size then , instead of just re-sizing the window, but I'm working on a plug-in solution to that for Poser 8+. I'm making a Python window with buttons in it that you get to configure for various sizes and aspect ratios. Want 5 by 7, at 400 pixels wide? - click click done.

I always found resizing the viewport as a means to choosing render size is not that efficient. Either I care very much about exact size, in which case explicit render dimensions are the way to go. Or I care about size and aspect ratio approximately, and so a click to choose one of 1x1, 3x2, 4x3, 7x5, 16x9, and then a click for overall size [100, 200, 300, 400, etc.] seems to work quite nicely for me. The last click is a portrait or landscape radio button, but that doesn't change often.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)