Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro 2010 release on the horizon...

Magic_Man opened this issue on Mar 01, 2010 · 358 posts

rty posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 5:56 PM

Quote - The new library can be arranged exactly like the old library, with a "current folder". Plus it has breadcrumbs so you can jump up any number of levels in one click.

Scrollbars are same size but the "hot spot" is larger than it used to be - grabbing the thumb is much easier than it was.

New library can be told not to re-open previously open folders, so faster startup does not require that you "tidy up" your tree.

Closing all branches is a double click now.

Folder scanning is faster than it used to be.

The library window can be its own "application level" window. Can be maximized, minimized, restored independently of the rest of Poser's windows. When run as an app window, it does not in any way dock or change the size of docked components.

Drag and drop does auto conforming.

Drag and drop can be done from the file system - no library manager is needed at all to load content or apply poses, materials, etc.

Window can be made much skinnier than before while keeping the scroll bar on-screen - icons and other stuff wrap.

Huh?!
bagginsbill, what are those screenshots you posted? My Poser 8 does not have all those features, and I'd be already very happy if the #@!% category buttons decided to go on the line if the library is not large enough (which is the default size it chooses to open in).

Quote - Also, what is the reason you care so much what the document window size is?

For me, it's habit. I'm used to cameras and their WYSIWYG approach. While I could work on a square window for a CinemaScope render, it's a pain in the back and feels just wrong.