Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro 2010 release on the horizon...

Magic_Man opened this issue on Mar 01, 2010 ยท 358 posts

lkendall posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 9:57 AM

I experienced a huge slowdown of Poser 8 and Poser Pro 2010 public beta over the last month (and almost every other application). It was getting worse each day. I updated Flash and my video card drivers (again), but that did not help.

I had previously experienced a problem with a mouse that would not work in Poser Pro 2010 beta, but worked in every other application. This time I could not find a hardware problem.

I stopped every process that I could, and I could not find any program running in Task Manager taking up memory or CPU time. But, Task Manager cannot see everything. So, I started uninstalling programs that I had recently installed. A DVD program seemed to be the problem. With that program gone, my Poser and everything else is running much better (though the library is still a little slow).

Some of these problems would be things that the SM/Poser product support team could not figure out for me. At times, we have to delve into our own systems and help ourselves. Or failing that, get help from a wider community like here.

Incidentally, I am still occasionally losing control of Poser Pro 2010 beta to a renegade session of the Poser animation loop. I have to get to one of the animation windows and stop the loop to regain control of the program. I cannot reproduce this, it just happens. When I notice that I cannot make Poser do anything, I head for an animation window, and click the stop button. Then control returns.

I am looking forward to the adventure of using Poser Pro 2010 retail version. I am excited that SM is investing in the product line, and that the Poser development team has a vision for the future evolution of this application. :)

Now, if they would only turn bagginsbill loose to work on the material room, and FireFly...

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.