Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro 2010 release on the horizon...

Magic_Man opened this issue on Mar 01, 2010 · 358 posts

Ghostofmacbeth posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 1:02 PM

Quote - But I do have a clue of what I'm rendering. Within the preview, the part that will actually be rendered is highlighted. Maybe you don't have that turned on. I don't know what you mean by wasting time displaying stuff that isn't going to be rendered. Bits of floor or ceiling (if you're cropped vertically) or walls (if you're cropped horizontally) don't take any longer to preview.

Basically I've heard several non-issues about the window size - you have total control of the render size and you can see exactly what part is in the render and what isn't. In fact, being able to see a little bit outside the render as I adjust the composition is very handy.

It does show but it is isn't close to the correct scale and I would rather see it be closer in proportion than a square, which is normally what is showing. And it does waste a lot of time displaying. If you have a complex scene with parts off camera, casting shadows or just cropped, they all show so you have to deal with memory previewing them even if they will never be in the render. It can be a little handy to see a little bit but seeing twice as much as the actual shape of the render is a bit ridiculous.

My biggest issue with the program, honestly, is the part that you are the closest too, the library. If the auto expand triangle worked fine I would shut up and adopt it in a heartbeat. That is my biggest gripe, requiring me to waste so much time clicking open and clicking close all the folders when I could just navigate to them, if it worked. In Poser 8, at least, it doesn't.