Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro 2010 release on the horizon...

Magic_Man opened this issue on Mar 01, 2010 ยท 358 posts

bagginsbill posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 3:54 PM

Quote - Is there a way in Flex to make the window wider than it appears (i.e. part of it transparent)? Wouldn't that solve the issue, or am I misunderstanding the problem?

If the window is on the right side of your screen, then even if it were wider but transparent, putting the menus off the screen isn't much use.

If the window is skinny and on the left, but transparent, that would solve the problem.

However, it isn't possible to do that. The embedded Flash version (found in P8) cannot be wider than the panel that contains it.

The new AIR version that has its own application window is not docked and there isn't much reason to make it skinny. So the problem doesn't really exist in that version. There is no motivation to make it skinny. You can hide it with a single click and show it again with a single click. (There is a button on the Poser window in the upper right that restores the library application window with just one click. Also there is a hotkey sequence to do the same.)

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)