Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Mini-Tut; Conforming items with Daz's Figure Set-up

theschell opened this issue on Mar 09, 2010 · 25 posts

theschell posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 7:17 PM

SPECIAL NOTES!

To use this tut properly you will have to create a valid runtime file structure to save your new geometry, cr2, and textures in BEFORE you start working on creating your conforming item... it doesn't matter where this runtime is located ( i save my works in progress in individual runtimes in "my documents" but anywhere will work as long as a proper runtime is set up)

Create a new folder named "runtime"

Inside this create a "geometries" folder, a "libraries" folder, and a "textures" folder....

In the "geometries" folder create a new folder with the name of your item, this is where your obj. file will go

Inside the "libraries" folder create a folder named "character" and inside this create a folder with the name of your new item... this will hold your new cr2 file...

In the "textures" folder create a new folder with the name of your item to hold your texturemaps...

if you do not do this prior to starting your new model, you will not be able to properly export your new cr2 or to set up the skeleton and such to get your item to work!