Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Serene Hair

majikart opened this issue on Mar 10, 2010 · 32 posts

Victoria_Lee posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 6:38 AM

I own the Selene hair package and I'm wondering why you'd manually drag-and=drop the files when the zip is set up correctlly.

Now, kayjay997 is incorrect in the setup for the Selene Hair.  It is a conforming figure so you're going to put the SeleneHairV4.obj and the SeleneHairV4_M.obj into the Geometries folder (Runtime/Geometries/Hair).  The _M obj is the mirrored version of the hair.

Anything that says .jpg goes into the texture folder (Runtime/Textures/plus3d/Hair)

The  standard.pz2 files and their accompanying .png files go into the pose folder (Runtime/libraries/pose/MAT Selene Hair).

The MT-SeleneHair and MT-SeleneHair_M are the folders containing the morph targets for the hair and those are set to drop into the Runtime itself (Runtime/MT-SeleneHair and Runtime/MT-SeleneHair_M)

I'll admit I don't have Poser 8 but the runtime setup for Poser 8 can't be so much different that just running your zip program won't put things where they're supposed to go.  I don't understand what you mean when you say dropping the MT folders into the Runtime didn't work.  If you look at the folder structure inside the two zips, and you make sure that your extraction program is set to use folder names, you should be able to extract to the appropriate places without having to drag and drop.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.