Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro 2010 release on the horizon...

Magic_Man opened this issue on Mar 01, 2010 · 358 posts

DCArt posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 8:46 AM

> Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Can someone point out just How to Add a Skeleton to and Object? > > > > > > I imported a Daz Figure as and Obj file to get around the scaling issue, I would imagine that if I went to the setup room, I should be able to add that daz Figure's Skeleton, correct???? > > > > > > > > Can you explain in more detail why you are exporting Freak 4 as an OBJ from DS and then importing into Poser?  Does it have to do with fitting clothing to him? If so, PP2010 has a solution for that, but I'll need more detail as to what you are trying to do before I can detail the solution. > > > > It has to do with How Poser handles Scaling. If applying a particlular Morph to this Daz figure, the mess breaks. > By exporting from DS as and Obj, where there is no scaling problem, I can then Import that (Figure) object into Poser and the Mesh is intact with no scaling issues. > > > Problem is that i would need to do everything in DS each time and then Export ObjImport to Poser to use that Figure Morphed, with a specific Morph.

OK, if I'm reading you correctly, then, all you want to be able to do is use Freak 4 in Poser Pro 2010 without having to deal with the scaling issues that take place with the clothing. Good news ...

Load Freak 4 in Poser Pro 2010.  Then add a piece of clothing to the scene. You'll probably notice more in the freak's shirt that something is wrong, because of the scaling.

Now, select the BODY of the clothing, and then go into the Properties palette. You'll notice two new options:

--- Include Morphs when conforming. If your clothing DOES have compatible morphs, but DOES NOT have automatic conforming, check this option to create a link between the morphs and the figure. If you check this option when using clothing that DOES auto-conform, it will double the morphs. 

--- Include Scales when conforming. Check this option for figures that have scaled body parts (such as the Freak).

You'll see your Freak 4 clothing behaving nicely if you check the second option.

(And the world rejoiced!)