Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Finally!

Diogenes opened this issue on Jan 06, 2010 · 722 posts

Cage posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 3:26 PM

Quote - Well P8 added all the new joint tools but in Pro 2010 they added the ability to display the effected vertices themselves and how strongly they are effected by the brightness of the color. So instead of having to use the wireframe mesh view of the falloff zones and watch how they effect the mesh in the smooth shaded lined display mode, I can now watch how the vertices themselves are effected. And how strongly they are effected as I move the fallof zone around. It is so much better.

Ooh!  I want to go to there.  :lol:

So it basically displays the vertex weights?  About time they did that.  :woot:  You can get them through Python if you really need to, but the process is complicated and you can only visualize it within Poser by showing the averaged weights on a per polygon basis.

It sounds excellent.  Maybe this is a first step on their part toward integrating support for figures which use the weight-mapping technique for joints.  That would represent HYOOOGE growth for Poser.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.