Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Finally!

Diogenes opened this issue on Jan 06, 2010 · 722 posts

Cage posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 4:55 PM

Quote - Cage I had the same thought about weight mapping. I think though that that would take some serioud code changes internally in Poser. But if they ever do set it up, woa lookout! Imagine being able to paint the vertices you want to be effected by a joint rotation? And anywhere on the same mesh? But for now this is still a big, big improvement. It's like taking off a blindfold.

It probably would require a huge revision of a lot of the core Poser code.  We'll probably never see it.  When Poser has new features added, it generally seems to be without touching any of the old core.  How many of the tools since Poser 4 are actually plugins?  Hair, cloth, Firefly, the Materials room, and apparently the new library all seem to fit that model.  Possibly other things I'm not remembering at the moment.  I keep hoping for some big advancement in core functionality, but I probably shouldn't expect anything, alas.  :crying:

In spite of it all, though, I love Poser.  I'm jealous of your new joint tool.  :lol:  It sounds fabulous!  :woot:  And it is a useful advancement, in itself.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.