Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Finally!

Diogenes opened this issue on Jan 06, 2010 · 722 posts

Diogenes posted Mon, 15 March 2010 at 5:50 AM

Thanks Esther for the renders. You will definitely have trouble with the hands and feet with poses from other figures untill I get them set up. You see he has the bones for fingers and toes already but no geometry assigned. So what you get is ghostbone like bends in the parent actors LOL

Next upload will have all parts working. I have been working on the face, cutting in some eyelids and I made the head a bit less long (Y) Also I have been fitting the eyesockets to the bagginsbill eyes. I made the ears a little bigger And his neck a little less stocky

I am changing the position of the collar slightly to get a better ability to shrug. Also I move the poly's around in the face to solve some of what odf mentioned with the poly lines fitting the contours better, I think I was able to solve alot of it without changing too many of the 5 edge points.

Next I am adding a few poly's in the wrist and just behind the toes for a smoother bend in those areas. And trying to figure out what to do with those ugly little pieces above the knees. I want to keep the flow of lines in the legs but figure out a way to tie them in better. Oh and I moved the bicep down a bit on the arm , and taking a little bulk out of the forearms.

Glad you like him Esther. He may be a little stocky but that really was what I wanted. Others may not like a stocky figure, so I will make a slimmed down version that can be loaded with a click, and will have the same good bends. Especially for ballet he should have a slimmer more compact body, an arabian race horse as opposed to a Clydesdale. For each purpose an appropriate form.

Off topic? No problems, I often ramble myself.  The link for the downloads will also be in my signature from now on so they can always be easily accessed. I will post the latest version befor I take off, promise. The critique is good, it helps to see things. And settles in my mind a plan of action to solve the problems.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY