Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro 2010 Is NOW Avaialble!

lkendall opened this issue on Mar 10, 2010 ยท 185 posts

bagginsbill posted Tue, 16 March 2010 at 1:20 PM

And here is the specular layer that was made by default by Poser without me connecting anything to Custom_output_2. It includes the specular highlight from the Blinn node (which was connected to Alternate_Specular) as well as the output of the Reflection_Color/Reflection_Value channel! I did not expect this.

Notice the banding on the back wall. There was some very weak specular on the wall - I always do that for walls. Anyway, the banding is because I used photoshop levels to sort of GC the image so it would be easier to see the details. This is actually a bit of a problem.

For this reason, Stewers suggestion to use an HDR format is really important. Since we're dealing with linear colors, very dark things will only occupy the numbers from 0 to 10. If you post GC that, you lose the smooth gradients that are actually possible.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)