Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Finally!

Diogenes opened this issue on Jan 06, 2010 · 722 posts

masha posted Tue, 16 March 2010 at 8:30 PM

Hi Mike,

How to critique  visuals without sounding too ignorant of the technical aspects, heh... The proportions and shaping of your high-res Brad in the first few pages of this thread were pretty damn good  except for neck and  a few bits so you have  an excellent reference for this low poly figure.  Is it out of necessity that they changed in this low-poly version?
Or did you simply want a different look to it? 

Back to the latest version you posted, as you, I feel the head is still too big and that by shortening the torso instead of the legs he acquired a spare tyre around his waist and hip, particularly from the back view, gone  is the nice taper to the waist. Of course we would be able to scale these back so it's all good, but you need a fairly attractive default figure to draw initial interest too.  Glad you'll be thinning down the forearms. I  also find that bending forearm with hand to shoulder the upper arm is quite a bit longer. :)

In your pics before this last u asked if hips need to be narrower no  I don't in that version, just the things I mentioned before.

I think low-poly Brad is of more limited interest for most ppl than the enthusiasm generated by high-poly and his bends and appearance - so before you leave for the ten days I would re-post some of those excellent pics to generate the anticipation Brad deserves. New people joining the thread need to be inspired too:)  Much as we hate to see you go, with a few days break  you'll  come back to it all with fresh eyes and a fresh perspective is just what often does the trick.

Looking forward to playing with the new downloads before you go bush. :)

Cheers!