Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Problem lighting character

JIMMYJOHN opened this issue on Mar 17, 2010 · 123 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 17 March 2010 at 9:56 PM

Quote - GC: I have tried turning it on & off but it didn't make any difference so I never bothered changing its value. ( so far, it's been set at 2.20 on all my renders)
So many things to learn and parameters to take into consideration...almost frightening.

As I said, I am very grateful for your help but at the same time I am embarrassed that you spend so much time helping me solve my problem (creating a lightset, rendering...)

On a side note, I sorted out  the problem by modifying Courtneys texture JPEGS with photoshop
(adjusting brightness/contrast) so that I could use her more easily with other models and accessories.
The result was more or less acceptable but not intellectually satisfying.

Also, your avatar is simply amazing. Is it an image you made?

Don't worry - I like helping. And I've discovered I don't know anymore how to get good results with Poser Pro. Weird. I'm supposed to be an expert in all things Poser.

Yes, hacking the texture is not intellectually satisfying. What will you do with the other 20 textures you have or will have? We must find a way to use them effectively.

I might end up having you use VSS.

Yes I made my avatar a long ago. It is P6 James with a fish-scale procedural shader (Koi) that I made quite a while back.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)