Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Problem lighting character

JIMMYJOHN opened this issue on Mar 17, 2010 ยท 123 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 17 March 2010 at 10:11 PM

Quote - I should be the one to be sorry for abusing of your time and patience.
Maybe you can give me hints on what to do and let me experiment with it, then I can come back to you with the results.

Are you saying there are bugs with POSER PRO and I'd be better off getting another version?
If so, which one?
(I previously had a problem with the bucket size that screwed up my renders. It took me ages to solve it)

No there is not bug in Pro. It's just that my earlier renders were using some tricks I know in Poser 8 that are not available in Poser Pro. Apparently those tricks make the RM shader work OK without GC and without crazy bright lights.

I have to assume RM tested her shaders in Poser 7 with crazy hot lights or something. I don't know.

I do know that this isn't the fault of any version of Poser. It's a common mistake. I even made it myself when I published the first set of VSS shaders.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)