Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Problem lighting character

JIMMYJOHN opened this issue on Mar 17, 2010 · 123 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 17 March 2010 at 10:42 PM

Here are the lights I used.

Save the file in your Runtime, libraries, Light folder or a subfolder in there. Remove the .txt extension that I had to add to get it to upload to this forum.

Load that light set. Make sure GC is enabled. Also in render settings you must enable raytracing and shadows. Don't show me a render without shadows - I will vomit. grin

Note - I saved it from Poser Pro 2010. You'll get a warning about it being a newer version. Ignore that - it will work.

The main light is white at 80%. You can adjust that up or down, but stay in the range 50 to 100. Don't be tempted to go over 100 unless you know why and have discussed it with me. Don't change the light color unless you know why and have discussed it with me.

The rim light is white at 40%. You can adjust that up or down or turn it off, too.

The IBL is white at 30% and is set up as a procedural light - so no image is needed. This is your ambient or secondary lighting control. It is very good for adjusting overall illumination. It does not make specular effects. Only the main and rim light make highlights.

Show me what you get.

(Note: Close to bed time for me, so I might not reply till tomorrow.)

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)