Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Problem lighting character

JIMMYJOHN opened this issue on Mar 17, 2010 · 123 posts

bagginsbill posted Thu, 18 March 2010 at 7:55 PM

So if you're going to use VSS, you don't need to bother with the simple shader I gave you, although you could use it if you wanted. VSS already has a more powerful shader with lots of options and easy to use controls.

But it doesn't seem you're using it correctly. But I'm not sure - you showed multiple things that seemed inconsistent. The first image you posted today, the green one, doesn't look like a VSS shader nor like the simple shader I gave you. But you said you used the "default" VSS shader. I don't think so.

In the next post (6:59 pm) you showed a screen shot of the PR1 Template Skin shader.

In the next you said "This is what I got after Synchronizing" showing 2_SkinTorso. Nope. If you had Synchronized, that complicated Spaghetti from Template Skin would have been in 2_SkinTorso. Instead, you showed the simple shader I gave you yesterday. You must have loaded that by hand, since you didn't load it into Template_Skin.

Anyway, let's forget the simple shader for the moment, since the VSS PR3 NO AO skin shader offers so much more.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)