Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: PoserPro2010 Assessment and glitch?

JAG opened this issue on Mar 26, 2010 · 25 posts

gishzida posted Sat, 03 April 2010 at 5:23 PM

Quote - Okay, I must say I thoroughly despised Poser 8 and was one of the big complainers about it.  But Poser Pro 2010 has corrected a lot of the things I hated about P8.  Things that are now awesome:

1. Full Body Morphs.  Still a bit of beeyoch to use Zbrush the way  I want to...but by george, it works now and that's the greatest improvement.
  2. Also I can straight to zBrush export now and reimport back.  Fantastic.
  3. Also the Firefly speed is seemingly  a bit faster. 
  4. The ability to float my panels is much better too...it makes using the workspace a lot easier.
  5. They've also given us the ability to change the runtime/content selection area and float it and the thumbnails are back!  YAY!

All in all, I am saying this one is worth the upgrade.  I am officially eating my crow from my rant on P8.  SM apparently got their act together this time and listened to those of us who complained and for that I'm grateful and excited.

The only problem I've run across is a strange, and for no reason, CRASH that keeps occurring.  Sometimes it's when loading a file...sometimes while it's just sitting idle.  But for some reason the booger just randomly crashes.

Smith has no updaters yet and I'm wondering if they're aware of the issue yet.  Anybody else having similar issue?

I've spent a bit of time this week with PoserPro 2010 (I'm on vacation, next week it's back to herding servers) ... and so far the only thing I can seem to link with crashes is when I saved a file to the "external binary" format. I changed the setting not to use the binary format and so far have not had any crashes.

It seems that when I do save files in the binary format  that after several saves I have crashes occur after:

1. Attempting to go into the material room... Rather than get the usual picture frame of the scene I get a "Morph Tool" Panel in it's place... then the program dies in 3 seconds.

2. Shortly after closing a file and opening "New" the App goes gray and then crashes...

Weird thing is I can open the file in Poser Pro 2008 and go into the material room or open a new file and the same crash events do not occur... so I'd say it is probably something to do with the way the new version is handling the file or its contents.

The drawback of non-binary saves in that the file sames take 3 to 4 times longer.