Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Character Creation

Director12 opened this issue on Apr 03, 2010 · 25 posts

RHaseltine posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 8:52 AM

The problem is that, as far as I can tell, you made you character's shape with the DAZ morphs. The only way you are allowed to share that is as a pose which will set the values of those morphs - exporting as an OBJ and then loading that as a morph isn't allowed, as someone who doesn't have Morphs++ on their machine could use the shape (and there's another drawback - as I think I mentioned earlier, several of the head morphs change the shape of the eye sockets and the morphs are linked to the size and position controls of the eyes so that they still fit; your exported OBJ lacks those links and loading it as a morph doesn't reinstate them, so there's a good chance that the eyes will beahve oddly as you pose them). Since you don't have the original dial settings for Morphs++ you can't share this character's morph (the texturing isn't affected by this), though you can use it for your own images.

What adnan suggests is the right way to share a morph made with Morphs++ (or other morph sets) but it works only if the figure you are saving from still has the original settings applied - when you have just the one dial for the imported morph it won't help as other people won't have that single morph (and as I said, you can't share it - well, you could use RTEncoder to encode it against an item from Morphs++, but people are generally reluctant to use encoded files).