Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Finally!

Diogenes opened this issue on Jan 06, 2010 · 722 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 12:36 PM

Are you sure that you want to use my eyes? I'm not sure I can make that geometry/shader setup work without refraction (ray-tracing). And a lot of people don't want to deal with ray-tracing.

In any case, I'm thinking I want to give you permission to use/include the BBeyes for Brad. Even if I were to sell them, they would be different - customized for V4 or M4 or whatever.

The Brad version, built into Brad's head, would not cut into that market as far as I can see. Nor would the Antonia version. My problem (if I can use that word) is with the ramifications of the Creative Commons License that odf wants to use on Antonia. It makes all of it open source and parts can be broken out and sold by anybody. odf has said that isn't quite how it would have to work, but I haven't grokked the whole thing yet.

So, consider this official permission to include the BBEye with Brad, as long as you don't in-turn give copyright of the eyes to others.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)