Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

Cage posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 11:23 PM

Quote - It could be useful, but we'd have to make sure we still have room for the lashes, as the brow overlays and lashes are mapped together on the same square.

I'm still not quite sure whether to change anything or just put a warning for texture makers in the README (or on the Wiki). My approach at making custom brows would probably be to draw the outlines on the figure in a 3d drawing program, export the result as a texture and use it as a guide for placement. So unless I was being extremely lazy, I wouldn't care about the slight extra rotation because I would likely position each brow individually, anyway.

The lashes are not impacted at all by the change to the UV's.

The trouble with the slight rotation and/or change in proportion of some of the UV's, from my perspective, is that I can't draw my own brows.  :lol:  I've tried, and I can't make my Wacom do hair very well, no matter what.  So I have to paste together bits from existing textures, to customize brows or lashes at all.  And if the brow overlay UV's are skewed, it's much harder to get halfway decent (even passable) results.  I know, from much experience with bad UV's on props I've made myself.  :lol:

Something like this remapped head could be made available with a geom-swap pose to insert it and another pose to restore the default head.  Phantom3D's Brad is going to make extensive use of that kind of trick.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.